ALL LAB TOPICS
Comprehensive List of Anatomy Study Resources: The lab aides and instructors have created LOTS of study resources for you, and now they’re all organized and available in one place, HERE. Here’s a short video to show you how to use this fantastic tool.
- Here’s a complete, alphabetized list of terms for Human Anatomy lab. Good tool to check your spelling!
- Don’t forget that your (new) textbook comes with a subscription and access code to Anatomy and Physiology Revealed, a virtual cadaver dissection experience. Look in the end pages of your text for access or go here. If you have a used text, you can buy access.
- Check the ANATOMY LINKS for online sites that provide review diagrams, tutorials, etc. that can be used to prepare at home for the laboratory practical exams.
- If you’d like a good quality, inexpensive Human Anatomy Atlas, consider this one. We have some of these in the labs so that you can look through and see if you’d like to purchase one.
- SLCC Anatomy has a Quizlet!
- Online Tutorials for Laboratory Practical Review
- Helpful online tutorials and quizzes are available at Kenhub.com
- If you’d like some extra practice, consider P.A.L. 3.0. It’s an online site with histology photos, cadaver photos, model photos (each labeled and unlabeled). It has quizzing and fill-in-the-blank practical-type tests. You can do a tour if you’re interested in checking it out before purchasing. Alternately, there is a DVD available here.
- Student lab aide created study guide for both lab and lecture with key.
Models available for study outside of lab:
- List of models available on Redwood and Jordan campus libraries for study.
- List of models at Dumke STEM Center – Redwood campus.
- List of models available on South City campus library for study.
- NEW! Printable anatomic terms flashcards.
- NEW! Printable histology flashcards.
- Tyler Junior College A&P lab web page. It has great histology slides and other diagrams.
- This site has some great histology practice activities on it.
- Here’s a link to a pathologist’s site with a great introduction to histology. If you click ‘start learning’ on the page, and scroll through all of the slides, it will give you an great overview of normal histology and an introduction to some pathologies, such as cancers.
- Printable axial skeleton flashcards.
- Labeled axial skeleton models
- Printable appendicular skeleton flashcards.
- Labeled appendicular skeleton models
Try the getbodysmart.com site for some practice on muscles and other body systems.
- NEW! Printable Muscle flashcards.
- NEW! Printable Nerves and Nerve Plexus function flashcards.
- NEW! Labeled Nervous System Models
- Truly wonderful link to the 3D Brain site, with great structure and function information on most sections of the brain.
- Want to make a brain hat? Here’s the link.
- Video of dissection of the sheep brain.
- Video of aide description of human brain model.
- Video of cow eye dissection.
- Video of aide description of Cranial Nerves mnemonic and model.
Pig heart dissection photos (labeled and unlabeled):
NEW! Wireman to label
NEW! Labeled Digestive System Models
NEW! Labeled Respiratory System trachea Model
NEW! Labeled Urinary System Models
Reproductive System: NEW!
- Labeled Reproductive System Models
- Female reproductive system
- Male reproductive system