- Don’t forget that your (new) textbook comes with a subscription and access code to Anatomy and Physiology Revealed, a virtual cadaver dissection experience. Look in the end pages of your text for access or go here. If you have a used text, you can buy access.
- SLCC Anatomy has a Quizlet!
- Check the ANATOMY LINKS for online sites that provide review diagrams, tutorials, etc. that can be used to prepare at home for the laboratory practical exams.
- Tyler Junior College A&P lab web page. It has great histology slides and other diagrams.
- This site has some great histology practice activities on it.
- Here’s a link to a pathologist’s site with a great introduction to histology. If you click ‘start learning’ on the page, and scroll through all of the slides, it will give you an great overview of normal histology and an introduction to some pathologies, such as cancers.
Muscles and other body systems: Try the getbodysmart.com site for some practice.
Truly wonderful link to the 3D Brain site, with great structure and function information on most sections of the brain.
Want to make a brain hat? Here’s the link.
Models Available for Study:
- Here’s a List of models available on Redwood and Jordan campus libraries for study.
- Here’s a List of models available on South City campus library for study.
- If you’d like some extra practice, consider P.A.L. 3.0. It’s an online site with histology photos, cadaver photos, model photos (each labeled and unlabeled). It has quizzing and fill-in-the-blank practical-type tests. You can do a tour if you’re interested in checking it out before purchasing. Alternately, there is a DVD available here.
- If you’d like a good quality, inexpensive Human Anatomy Atlas, consider this one. We have some of these in the labs so that you can look through and see if you’d like to purchase one.
- Helpful online tutorials and quizzes are available at Kenhub.com
Biology 2325 Student-Created Tutorials I
Online Tutorials for Laboratory Practical Review